Madhav started Hornbill FX with the vision to change the way corporate communication worked. The traditional forms of communication do not take all the modern-day tools available into consideration and still communicate information with slides and bullets that do not really excite like they once did – back in the late 90s and early 2000s.
With nearly 16 years of experience in the Indian animation and software industries, Ramesh has a wide range of hands-on experience as a designer, animation director, scriptwriter and Creative director. He has worked with international production houses like DIC, Mike Young, Ruger, Universal studios and Carbon Studios.
Aravindh has spent his entire career building and managing creative teams. Across advertising, branding, filmmaking, event management and now animation and e learning, he has always been all about delivering clients’ value, while always ensuring that the work is original, memorable and impactful.
Seeing that the bandwidth was only getting larger and people’s attention space lesser, Madhav believed that animation would be the new norm and, therefore, built a company around it!
Madhav started his career in the US though he did most of his schooling in India. Being fascinated by design and how underestimated it was, he always gave emphasis to presentation. In conversation over design – all he talks about – you will often hear him regaling episodes of his handwriting teacher and how the written word is typed and not written anymore … ‘It’s just not the same thing!’
Madhav owns several businesses where design plays a big role, but HornbillFX is where he really lets loose! He is back to playing sports he grew up playing, with the excuse that he has to be fit for his daughter who is a little over a year old.
He has worked on the animation of a German movie Werner 3 in collaboration with Glen Kennedy – an Emmy award holder for Bugs Bunny Cartoon – and closely worked with him on MTV title gigs and environmental series. He served as the project director for a Car Driving simulator – a 3D engine Controlled environment learning tool – and developed the technical blueprints for the model. Having worked as a creative head for Jimmy strong – a 3D console game – he had supervised all stages of animation from pre-production, concept development, game documentation, scenario development, weapons designing, layout and character designing to texturing and 3D modeling. He was also a part of Global Marketing team along with Marc Hebert. As a Creative Writer, he has contributed more than 150 scripts and screenplays for TV animation series and feature films.
He has helmed various international animation and live action features along with Journey to the Center of the Earth fame American screenwriter, director, actor and film producer Rusty Lemorande and Omar Kaczmarczyk – the producer of many Hollywood feature films – who originated the concept of segmented rights sales for motion pictures.
At Hornbill FX, he currently heads the animation team.
With a client list and credentials that include several “World's largest … “, “Asia's largest … “ , “India's first … “ and similarly qualified names, Aravindh is always looking for newer areas to explore and that's what brought him to Hornbill FX and e learning. Having been an avid videogamer since the age of 7, he knows immersive and engaging storytelling through interactive animation inside out, and the idea of applying those principles to corporate learning was intriguing.
A lifelong interest in music (he is an amateur drummer who thinks he's better than he is), a history of being a rabid sports fan, and a background as a college level debater and quizzer ensure that he never runs out of bar room conversation - which, as you will realise once you get to know him, is a pretty good thing. For him!
- We are looking for exceptional instructional designers having hands on experience in developing web based training (WBT) modules in a rapid authoring environment. The candidate must have:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to understand complex topics.
- Develop engaging learning activities.
- Create compelling course content that is simple, lucid, and enhances retention.
- Work with the Instructional Design team to identify the requirements for training intervention.
- Apply appropriate learning theories, evaluation methods, and best practices with a thorough understanding of learning styles.
- Remodel the existing content and instructional material based on the practice of the training (WBT or Blended).
- Utilise best practices in rapid authoring environment to create visually engaging and appropriate e-learning interventions.
- Create media to support learning (e.g., audio-visual aids, supplementary content in various multimedia formats).
- Develop assessments and learning activities.
- Ensure that the instructional design output is delivered within expected project timelines.
- Experience in Content Development for WBT and blended learning.
- Thorough knowledge of rapid authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline (Version 3 and 360), Adobe Captivate (version 9) is a must.
- Experience in developing Learner Engagement through advanced interactivities.
- Knowledge of Tincan and SCORM reporting into Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Moodle, Blackboard, BBLearn or Canvas is preferable.
- Experience in current Instructional Technologies and trends.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Able to take additional responsibilities in content development/ web based training development
- Any Graduate or Post Graduate Degree.
Graphic Designer/Creative Visualizer
- As a Visualizer and Graphic Designer you must be able to generate ideas and concepts to a brief and / or requirement, prepare design plans, and execute them. You should also be able to work with teams for implementation of designs. Requirements may include logos, illustrations, layouts, screen compositions and design for animations, user interfaces, websites, marketing material and similar, and iterations of the same in line with feedback.. You must possess strong composition, colour and design, typography and layout skills. You must have good awareness of design trends, what is current in advertising and graphic design, and good knowledge of tools and technology.
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software.
- Design and create overall look and feel for motion graphics projects.
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, Motion designers, Animation artist etc.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Must have excellent aesthetic sense
- Understand creative briefs, prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Visualize look and feel for projects in line with the brief and as per brand guidelines.
- Create images and designs in line with design and communication objectives.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Work as part of a team with instructional designers, copywriters, motion graphic artists, animators etc.
- Work with a wide range of media and software.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have strong knowledge of 2D explainer videos.
- Up to date knowledge in Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.
- Highly proficient in all design aspects.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
- Proven graphic designing experience.
- A bachelor’s degree with graphic/visual design background